IEEE WF-IOT 2016 will be held at the Hyatt Regency in Reston, Virginia USA. It is located in the Reston Town Center, a pedestrian-friendly mixed-use development featuring many dining, retail, and entertainment options. Book online now to get the $219 plus tax conference rate.
In this pdf you can find a handy guide of restaurants close to the WF-IoT venue.
Meals at Conference
Breakfast is included for all attendees staying at the conference hotel. The group rate includes Breakfast buffet for one in Tavern 64 located on the ground floor of the hotel. ( Please note gratuity is not included and is the responsibility of individual guests).
Lunches are not included in the conference. Please see the map for local restaurants in the vicinity of the hotel. One hour has been designated for lunch. Please be sure to return in time for the afternoon sessions beginning at 2:30PM
- IAD – Dulles International Airport (Recommended): A United Airlines and Star Alliance hub, it serves most major airlines with a wide assortment of domestic and international flights and is only seven miles from the conference venue. The hotel’s complimentary shuttle picks up arrivals at lower level outside baggage claim at the top of every hour 6 am-10 pm M-F and 7 am-10 pm on S-S; a taxi should cost about $25 and a shared SuperShuttle is slightly less.
- DCA – Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport: A hub for American Airlines, it offers frequent shuttles to New York and Boston but otherwise limited international and domestic connections. Transfer from the Blue or Yellow lines to the Silver Line, and take a bus from the Wiehle-Reston East Station two miles to the hotel. Alternatively you can make the 24 mile trip from the airport to hotel with a $70 cab ride or $30 shared SuperShuttle.
- BWI – Baltimore-Washington International Airport (Not recommended): While the busiest of the three airports and a focus city for popular low-cost carrier Southwest Airlines, it is 54 frequently congested miles to Reston Town Center. The cost and time of a MARC train to Metro to bus connection, $63 shared SuperShuttle ride, or expensive taxi may offset any airfare savings.
- Amtrak: Attendees coming to WF-IoT from as far north as Boston or as far south as Miami may consider Amtrak, with its record for timely, convenient rail travel. Union Station in Washington DC is 20 miles from Hyatt Regency Reston; attendees can transfer from the Red to Silver Line and continue as above or take a taxi for about $70.
- Dulles Toll Rd – Rt 267: As the name implies there is a charge to enter or exit this limited access highway; exact change or an EZPass transponder can speed you through the toll plazas when traffic is heavy. Head north at Exit 12, turn left on Bluemont Way and the hotel is on your right.
- Parking: Free all-day parking is available in many of Reston Town Center’s self-park garages. The hotel garage charges but is the only option for overnight parking.
- Metro: The DC subway system is modern and clean. Eating, drinking, and smoking on trains and in stations is prohibited. There is a small surcharge for non-reusable fare cards. Service starts at 5 am on weekdays and 7 am on weekends, while the last trains leave before midnight Sunday through Thursday and 3 am Friday and Saturday
- Congestion:< Traffic can be heavy during morning and evening commute times, and parking garages can be busy during holiday shopping season. Allow extra time.